The first thing that might come to mind when you want to hide a module item from being shown is to delete it, then just re-enter the information later when you would like it to be shown again. An example of this could be a staff member taking maternity leave, a news article or blog posted that is dated or something similar. While it is easy to delete any of the module information, we recommend not deleting the information.
What we recommend is archiving it by creating a new department, naming the new department 'Archive' or simply 'Hidden' for example and keep that department hidden. Then you can move any module information into that department and out of the department that it is currently in to achieve the same effect.
Follow the steps outlined below to create a department that can be used for archiving and then start to move information into it
- Click the green +Add Content in the upper right-hand corner and select Department. On the following screen enter the name of the archive and make sure the new department is hidden by confirming that the switch titled Hidden is green. Please note by default, a new department will be hidden.
- Now navigate to the information that you would like to archive/hide and click on the three vertical dots to the right of its title.
- Select Move To... from the options given, on the following screen select the department that will be used for archiving and finally click Move.
If for some reason you have to hide a page and the Hide function in the navigation editor is not what you are looking for, please keep in mind if any links on other pages that go to that page when you move it. Those links could still work and we recommend removing them so there are no links to the moved and now hidden page. Also, remember to update the navigation in the original department so it no longer shows the page that you moved.
- Departments - Reviews how to hide a department
- Using the Navigation Editor - an article that reviews the navigation editor