Campus Suite modules have default headings on the page usually preceded by the department name. So for example, if you go to the About department and click on the school's blog that links to the Blog module, the heading might read About Blog.
If you would like to change this to something more relevant for example, Fallhaven Elementary Blog, you can customize the header to change the title. Additionally you can add text, images and links to the header. This could be used to included links to pdfs for such things as calendars or menus for visitors to download even links to other pages.
To override a module heading
- Navigate to the department that houses the module heading you wish to change.
- Click on the module that you would like to customize (i.e. news, events, blog, etc) in the module list.
- At the top, in the header area where it displays the department that you are in, click on the name of the department name to reveal a menu where you will need to select the appropriate Module Settings, for example "Blog Settings' for editing the header for a blog module.
- To override the default title for the module, simply enter your desired headline in the Title field.
- If you would like to add additional copy, or links, you can do so in the List HTML field. Many schools opt to link to a PDF version of their calendar.
- The Inner Layout field is optional and used by the designer when customizing your site. You can leave this default.
- Several of the modules (Blog, News and People) have a Thumbnails field. By default, it is on but if you do not upload images with your blogs or news, you can turn them off to hide the generic image graphics that would otherwise show.
- View Mode, which is an additional field for the calendar module, allows you to change how the module displays events. By default the Calendar module will display events as a list but you can choose to have them displayed in a graphical calendar instead.
- Finally the Department Syncs field allows you to choose other department(s) to sync the current department's selected module information with.
- After you've configured your options, click Save.