When placed on a page, this widget allows a user to search for a person by first or last name, or by department. Simply select this widget, leave all the defaults and drop it in to a page. There is no customization needed. Of course, if you or the designer working on the site are wanting more control over the design, we make the following options available.
How do I add this widget to a page?
- Click Edit Page
- Click the Edit Content icon (pencil) and select either Insert before or Insert after
- Choose the People Search widget followed by the green Create button and your People Search widget will show up on the page.
- Make sure to click the Save --> Publish options just as you would when you're editing pages.
Recommendation - If you are using the People Search Widget in conjunction with the Rows widget, we recommend not using it in a column less that 1/2 (or 50%). This allows for correct spacing and a cleaner look for the People Search widget.
Note: The People Search widget will only search in departments that are visible to it. To make a department visible to the widget, do the following steps;
- Go to the appropriate department and click on its name in the upper left hand corner.
- Select Edit Department from the list of options given.
- You will be taken to the Edit Website screen for that department where you will need to click on the Hidden field. Changing it from Green (hidden) to Gray (visible).
- To apply the change to the department, click on the Save button located at the button of the screen.