This is typically done by the designer during the on-boarding process... but there are occasions where you may need to add an alerts widget to a page and target the department from which to pull alerts
Navigate to whichever page you would like to add the Alert widget
- Click Edit Page
- Click either + Content or the Settings icon (down facing arrow) which will be located to the right of Edit where you will need to select either Insert before or Insert after
- Choose one of the three Alert-related widgets (Banner, List, or List Grid). I will use List for this explanation
- From the Department option, select where the Alerts you are pulling from are located
- Select the maximum Limit of alerts to be displayed.
- For the Heading you can enter whatever header you'd like to show above your list . . . or you can opt to not have a heading. Your choice.
- The Description is just that . . . an explanation of what information is being displayed. We usually leave it blank, but you're welcome to add information.
- The View Link Text allows you to create a text link pointing back to the module list. If blank, the link will not display.
- Finally select if you want to enable a Subscribe/RSS Link (RSS feed) which by default is off. Note: Some browsers do not handle RSS feeds so code will be displayed on the screen. An external RSS reader will need to be used by visitors if they are using Chrome.
- When you are finished, click on the green Create button and your Alert widget will show up on the page.
- Make sure to click either the Publish or the Save Draft option just as you would when you're editing pages.