Works in conjunction with the People module to display a list of people associated with a target department, or by tag, similar to the People List widget. While similar to the People List widget the People Directory widget displays the directory name that the people are located in. This widget is good for displaying a detailed, by department, faculty listing of a school or district.
Recommendation - If you are looking to display a faculty list, by department, for a school or district. Choose the main department of the school or district and flip the Deep option to on. This will display everyone that is associated with the main or the sub departments inside the main department.
If you are using the People Directory Widget in conjunction with the Rows widget, we recommend not using anything smaller than either the 1/4 x 3/4 or the 3/4 x 1/4 structures. This allows for correct spacing and a cleaner look for the People Directory widget.
Additional Widget Information
- If you select "None (sample content)" as the department for the widget to pull information from, dummy text and information will be shown for the entries. This is could be used to create a page and see how it looks, before you have the information that will be displayed.
How do I add this widget to a page?
- Click Edit Page
- Click either + Content or the Settings icon (down facing arrow) which will be located to the right of Edit where you will need to select either Insert before or Insert after
- Choose the People Directory widget
- At minimum you will need to select the department that the list of people should be pulled from. Additional fields that can be filled out and their descriptions are listed below;
- Deep - Determines if the people are pulled in from the selected department only or if it pulls from all of that department's "descendants" as well. If on (green) it will pull from from the department and its descendants. Default is off.
- Tags - Allows you to select a tag to display only events that have that tag.
- List Heading - Enter the title of the list. If nothing is entered a heading will not be displayed.
- Heading Size - You can choose the size of the heading, if one is entered. The available options for sizes range from H1 through H5.
- Section Size - You can choose the size of the section titles. The available options for sizes range from H1 through H5.
- Description - Enter a short description of the list. If nothing is entered no description will be displayed. Please note a heading needs to be entered in the List Heading field for the description to appear.
- Title Sizes - The size of a person's name. The sizes available are; default, H1 through H6
- Thumbnails - If a photo is entered in a person's profile, should it be shown? The default is on.
- Teasers - If text from a person's biography should be displayed or not. Default is on.
- More Link Text - Enter a text link to view all related articles. If blank, the link will not display.
- When you are finished, click on the green Create button and your People Directory widget will show up on the page.
- Make sure to click either the Publish or the Save Draft option just as you would when you're editing pages.