Works in conjunction with the blog module to display blog posts in a grid pattern in a target department, or by tag.
How do I add this widget to a page?
- Click Edit Page
- Click the Edit Content icon (pencil) and select either Insert before or Insert after
- Choose the Blogs List Grid widget
- Select the department you would like to pull the posts from and any additional fields that can be found in the Settings tab. The fields and their descriptions are listed below;
- Tags - Allows you to select a tag to display only posts that have that tag.
- Posts Displayed - Chose the number of posts you would like to display.
- Posts Per Row - Pick the number of posts per row between one and four. By default there will be three articles per row.
- Grid Heading - Enter the title of the list. If nothing is entered a heading will not be displayed.
- Heading Size - You can choose the size of the heading, if one is entered. The available options for sizes range from H1 through H3.
- Description - Enter a short description of the list. If nothing is entered no description will be displayed.
- Title Sizes - Select the size of any titles. The sizes available are; default, H1 through H6
- Thumbnails - Select if a thumbnail of the photo set for the post should be shown. By default thumbnails are shown.
- Dates - Display the dates of posts, by default they are shown
- Teasers - Select if you want teaser text to be displayed. Default is on.
- Read More - Enable "Read More" link for each item listed.
- More Link Text - Enter a text link to view all related posts. If blank, the link will not display.
- Subscribe/RSS - Choose if you would like to enable a link for visitors to subscribe to a RSS feed, by default it is off. Note: Some browsers do not handle RSS feeds so code will be displayed on the screen. An external RSS reader will need to be used by visitors if they are using Chrome.
- When you are finished, click on the green Create button and your Blogs List Grid widget will show up on the page.
- Make sure to click the Save --> Publish options just as you would when you're editing pages.
Additional Widget Information
- If you select "None (sample content)" as the department for the widget to pull information from, dummy text and information will be shown for the entries. This is could be used to create a page and see how it looks, before you have the information that will be displayed.