Works in conjunction with the Alert module to display an alert at the top of the page. Alerts are good for bringing to the attention of viewers changes to events, emergency cancellations and etc.
How do I add this widget to a page?
- Click Edit Page
- Click either + Content or the Settings icon (down facing arrow) which will be located to the right of Edit where you will need to select either Insert before or Insert after
- Choose the Alert Banner widget
- Select the department you would like to pull the alerts from and any additional fields that can be found in the Settings tab. The fields and their descriptions are listed below;
- Limit - The total number of alerts to be displayed.
- Autoplay - Should the widget automatically play through the banners. Default is on.
- Loop - By default the widget will loop but it can be turned off here
- Speed - You can customize the speed of the alert banner by entering a number (in milliseconds) here
- Tags - Allows you to select a tag to display only events that have that tag.
- When you are finished, click on the green Create button and your Alert Banner widget will show up on the page.
- Make sure to click either the Publish or the Save Draft option just as you would when you're editing pages.