Used in conjunction with the Shared Content module, this widget allows you syndicate content over multiple pages so that you don’t have to manage it in more than one place. This makes it so that you can generate some content once, and reuse it around your site as needed. If the content was ever needed to be updated, you would update the shared content and rest assured all the pages around the site where it’s syndicated will update too.
How do I add this widget to a page?
- Click Edit Page
- Click either + Content or the Settings icon (down-facing arrow) which will be located to the right of Edit where you will need to select either Insert before or Insert after
- Choose the Shared Content widget
- After choosing the directory that the shared content is stored in select the shared content you would like to use, click the green Create button
- Your Shared Content widget will show up on the page.
- Make sure to click either the Publish or the Save Draft option just as you would when you're editing pages.
How do I find the location of and edit the content of a Shared Content widget?
To find the location of where the content of a Shared Content widget is being stored. Edit the widget and note the Department that is listed and then the title that is listed in the Shared Content field. Now navigate to the department that it was listed in the widget, click on Shared Content in the module list and then the Pencil icon to the right of the shared content's title.