Works the same as the File List widget, but instead of targeting a directory on the website, it targets a folder on Google drive. This is a popular widget and recommended over the file widget since it allows you to manage the docs via Google drive and you won't have to log in to the website to make any changes. Please note that any content displayed by this widget will not be indexed or searchable by search engines.
Recommendation - If you are using the Google Drive embed Widget in conjunction with the Rows widget, we recommend not using anything smaller than either the 1/4 x 3/4 or the 3/4 x 1/4 structures. This allows for correct spacing and a cleaner look for the File List widget.
Note - As additional items are added to the Google Drive, the Google Drive Embed widget may need to be resized so that all of the items will be shown. This can be done by editing the widget and entering a size in the Height field. By default, the widget is set to a height of 200.
How do I add this widget to a page?
- Click Edit Page
- Click either + Content or the Settings icon (down-facing arrow) which will be located to the right of Edit where you will need to select either Insert before or Insert after
- Choose the Google Drive Embed widget
- Paste the URL that you received from Google - see Additional Articles below.
- Additional fields that can be found in the Settings tab allows you to customize what the widget displays. The fields and their descriptions are listed below;
- Display Type - Choose how the files will be displayed. You can choose between List or Grid.
- Title - Enter a descriptive title for ADA compliance.
- Height - Height of the widget.
- When you are finished, click on the green Create button and your Google Drive Embed widget will show up on the page.
- Make sure to click either the Publish or the Save Draft option just as you would when you're editing pages.