Displays a list of files in a targeted directory. Make sure your files have meaningful names, but be sure to adhere to proper internet filenaming. Upload these files to the directory on your website and use this widget to target it. It will list out all the files in that directory. Users can sort by name, or file mod date.
How do I add this widget to a page?
- Click Edit Page
- Click either + Content or the Settings icon (down facing arrow) which will be located to the right of Edit where you will need to select either Insert before or Insert after
- Choose the File List widget
- Select the folder that you would like to list on the page.
- Choose how you would like to be ordered. By Default it is Alphabetical. Other options are Reverse Alphabetical, Upload Date or Reverse Upload Date.
- After you've configured your options, click the green Create button
- Your File List widget will show up on the page.
- Make sure to click either the Publish or the Save Draft option just as you would when you're editing pages.
Recommendation - If you are using the File List Widget in conjunction with the Rows widget, we recommend not using anything smaller than either the 1/4 x 3/4 or the 3/4 x 1/4 structures. This allows for correct spacing and a cleaner look for the File List widget.
Campus Suite Tip - As you upload files to a directory consider how they will be displayed. This widget displays files in order from symbol to number then to alphabetical. If you want the files to be displayed in a specific order you want to consider renaming them as you upload them. For example if you have "August6_2016_BOE_Meeting", "September12_2016_BOE_Meeting" and "December5_2016_BOE_Meeting". To get them to list in a correct order you might consider renaming them to "08_06_2016_BOE_Meeting", "09_12_2016_BOE_Meeting" and "12_05_2016_BOE_Meeting". This will display the files in a correct numerical order.