Watch the entire 8-minute video above, or if you would like to jump to specific parts of the video, click one of the links below (these links will launch a new window.)
Jump to section in video:
- Logging in
- Reset forgotten password
- Login with email and password
- Set up Google or Microsoft login
- De-authorize Google or Microsoft
- Set up teacher website
- Class site vs. teacher site
- Update public directory profile
- Update teacher website URL
Teachers typically login to the schools main website to do four main things:
- Manage their personal/teacher website
- Update their public-facing directory profile
- Manage specific content they have been granted access to by the administration
- Access the school's private intranet pages
Clever: If your school uses Clever, your teachers can be set up to use their Clever logins. Reach out to Campus Suite support if you are not already set up. We can help you get this set up so that your users can login to Campus Suite using their Clever logins.
Google and Microsoft: Teachers will learn how to log in for the first time using their email and temporary password they were provided. They can then easily set up Google or Microsoft authentication by following the simple steps in this video.
Provision Teacher Site (Personal Site)
Teachers will learn how to provision their personal website. We'll also discuss the difference between a class website (having multiple owners) and a personal/teacher website (having a single owner).
How do I provision my website?
- While on the dashboard go to your account name that is located in the upper right hand corner, click and select Personal Sites in the drop down menu.
- On the new screen, click Add Site.
- Enter the name of the site in the Name field, press Tab which will automatically fill out the slug field located .
- Select the school that your site will be under so it inherits the theme of that school in the Container field.
- Finally below that is Model, click and select Teacher Model.
- Click Create and you will be taken to your new personal site.
What is a container?
A container is a collection of styles for a site(s). Sometimes there are different ones for each of the schools in a district depending on the branding of the schools. A container is used to keep any pages that would be included in a school’s using the same colors and styles that have been set up.
What is a model?
A model can be thought as a template for your website. It tells Campus Suite what settings and pages your website should initially have.
I provisioned a new personal site but it doesn’t look like the others?
Did you remember to select the correct container and model. Usually if a new personal website does not match others is because an incorrect option in one of those has been chosen.
How do I see a listing of my personal website(s)?
While on the dashboard go to your account name that is located in the upper right hand corner, click and select Personal Sites in the drop down menu. This will take you to a screen showing all of your personal websites.
How do I see a delete my personal website(s)?
To delete your personal site go to the dashboard, click on your account name that is located in the upper right hand corner and select Personal Sites in the drop down menu. This will take you to a screen showing all of your personal websites, there click on Delete Website in the section for the personal site that you would like to delete. Please remember once a personal site is deleted it cannot be recovered and will be need to be manually rebuilt.
Note: While you can create more than one personal site, you can only link one to your profile.
Once you have set up your teacher website, we recommend watching the Basic Training below to get up to speed in no time!
Total videos length: 1h 25m
You can do this series of videos online and at your own pace. Within each lesson track, you can jump to specific sections of the videos to get at only want you need, and fast! It's the best way to get up to speed in Campus Suite. After you have watched this series, step it up a notch and schedule an instructor-led group training webcast for your organization (more info below).
Lesson tracks include: Click below to watch now.
- Getting started
- Adding content
- Editing content
- Working with files
- Working with drafts
- Editing navigation